Sunday, November 2, 2008

No band , no National Anthem

During Saturday night’s football game against College of the Desert the band was not there so there was no National Anthem.

Really, there is on plan for this? The school did not think about having a CD to use just incase the band didn’t go to a game.

Maybe it's just me, but every sporting event I have ever been to in my entire life, and there have been many, I have always heard the National Anthem.

Even when I played Little League baseball, like 20-years ago, it was played before the game.

The only reason I know the words to the National Anthem is because of going to games.

I even know most of the words to the Canadian National Anthem because of hockey.

But still it’s a tradition that shows people why they are able to enjoy those games and not take them so seriously because, well, it's just a game and nobody should die over that.

It gives us pride in our nation.

I guess its not that big of a deal to most people, but for those, like myself that served in the military and fought for the freedoms that everyone enjoys today it was a little disrespectful.

Even though the rules that govern the states football community college football games say that the National Anthem does not need to be played, it should be.

Even if you don’t agree with the direction that this country is going, just remember that you can voice that opinion without reprisal.

No comments: